Security provider ADT is being acquired for $7 billion
Electronic security services provider ADT Corp said it had agreed to be acquired by funds affiliated with private equity firm Apollo Global Management LLC for $7 billion.
ADT shares rose 52 percent to $40.88 in premarket trading on Tuesday, just shy of the cash offer price of $42.
After the transaction closes, Apollo will merge ADT with its home security company Protection 1 in a deal valued at about $15 billion.
The offer price represents a premium of about 56 percent to ADT's Friday close.
The combined company, to be headquartered in Boca Raton in Florida, will have proforma annual revenue of more than $4.2 billion. Apollo acquired Protection 1 in 2015.
ADT, spun off from fire safety and security systems maker Tyco International Plc in 2012, had 166 million shares outstanding as of Dec. 31.
Barclays, Citigroup Global Markets Inc, Deutsche Bank, Royal Bank of Canada and PSP Investments Credit USA LLC are providing the financing for the deal.
BofA Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs are ADT's financial adviser for the transaction and Barclays, Citigroup Global Markets, Deutsche Bank and RBC Capital Markets LLC advised Protection 1.
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP are ADT's legal adviser, while Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP advised Protection 1 and Apollo.
(Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bengaluru; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
Thông tin khác
- Honeywell Expects Acquisition of Elster to Close in 2015
- Samsung Techwin renamed Hanwha Techwin
- FedEx Acquires TNT Express
- Hikvision acquires Pyronix
- Securitas acquires a majority stake in g+m elektronik AG
- Emerson acquires Spectrex Inc
- Optical smoke detectors may give a false sense of safety at night
- Panda Enclosure at Kuala Lumpur Zoo Protected by FFE
- Report: Honeywell, United Technologies Discussing Possible Merger
- Honeywell (HON) to Acquire Xtralis